This week I had a serious craving for goat cheese. I think I tried putting it in everything. And everything was delicious! Goat cheese and honey on toast? Yes please! Goat cheese omelet? Oooooh yeah! It is one of the world's most perfect foods.
On a side note, I very gently forced Richard to try beets this week. It didn't go well for the beets. More beets for me!
In an ode to this creamy, smooth creation, today's recipe is asparagus and goat cheese stuffed chicken.
Asparagus and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken
2 chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded thin
2 tbsps goat cheese
10 asparagus spears
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Spread goat cheese across inside of chicken.
2. Lay 5 asparagus spears across the spreaded goat cheese.
3. Roll breast so both ends overlap.
4. Stick wooden toothpicks along the seam of the chicken.
5. Using a pair of sharp scissors, cut the toothpicks to fit. (Don't forget to remove these before serving!)
6. Combine all spices and sprinkle over all sides of rolled up chicken.
7. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a very hot skillet.
8. Sear chicken, seam down, for 3-5 minutes.
9. Turn chicken and cook another 3-5 minutes. Sear on all 4 sides.
10. Let chicken rest for 3-5 minutes.
11. Cut in half and serve.