Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mini Carrot Souffles

I have never made any kind of souffle before. In fact, the mere idea of saying "Oh yeah, I'm making a souffle tonight" seems absolutely ridiculous. Who does that?

I guess I'm that person now. And you can be too! It was surprisingly fast and easy. I'm sure that has something to do with the fact that I made mini souffles instead of a normal sized one. But I'm still giving myself a gold star for this one.

Mini Carrot Souffle

1/2 lb carrots, peeled and cut into 1" sections
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp bourbon
1 egg
1 1/2 tbsps flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt (or 1/4 tsp table salt)
3 tbsps granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Boil carrots in salted water until soft (about 10 minutes). Drain and let cool slightly.

In medium sized bowl, sift together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.

Put carrots, butter and bourbon in food processor and blend until smooth. Mix in egg until well combined. Stir in dry ingredients and mix well.

Pour mixture into 6 four ounce ramekins. Place on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Don't peek or they could fall!

Let cool slightly and enjoy! It's time to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment