Sunday, April 7, 2013

Veggie "Pasta"

As the weather gets warmer, I crave meals that are lighter. But sometimes a salad just isn't going to do it. Sometimes I want a meal that is filling and savory without putting me in a food coma.

One of my favorite ways to lighten up the menu and still feel like I'm eating comfort food is to substitute shaved veggies for pasta. Right now you're thinking "Yeah, because veggies are really what I want when I'm craving pasta." But really, it works!

Peel asparagus and carrots and then shave them into 'noodles' with a veggie peeler. Sautee them with some garlic and olive oil. Toss in some Italian chicken sausage and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and you'll have a new household favorite. I guarantee it! It's so easy that I'm not even going to list a recipe. It's time to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment