Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lobster rolls!!!

When I was a kid I always thought that if you were able to eat lobster then you were rich. I really thought that. And after a night of singing fervently into a hairbrush in my room, I would imagine I was being interviewed by some fabulous magazine. They would always ask me about my wonderful life as a superstar and of course I would tell them that "I'm just a normal girl like you. Except I eat lobster every night and drink fancy, bubbly drinks."

Well, dreams do come true! I eat lobster more often than I should, but I really don't care. You can judge me all you want as I sit happily with a belly full of lobster meat and butter running down my chin.




Preparing lobster:

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Put live lobster in the water head first. Boil for 10-15 minutes depending on size. While lobster is cooking, prepare a large bowl of ice water.

Submerge cooked lobster in ice bath immediately after removing from the boiling water. Allow to cool in bath for 5 - 10 minutes. Crack shell and remove all meat from tail and claws. Be sure to rinse any green gunk (bile) from the tail. Pull lobster meat into bite sized pieces.

We mixed together some mayo, lime juice, old bay seasoning and tabasco and then tossed it with the lobster meat and scallions. You could also skip the mayo and use butter or olive oil.

Preparing the rolls:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap rolls in foil and place on top rack of the oven for about 0 minutes. Carefully remove from foil and brush insides with melted butter.





No comments:

Post a Comment